Danish Christmas Hygge – Star Workshop
13 December @ 10:00 – 13:00
This Star workshop will give you the traditional Danish julehygge experience as you will be making paper stars whilst being able to hygge with the other participants. Hygge (pronounced hue-guh) is part of Danish cultural identity describing extraordinary cosiness as a means of promoting togetherness, contentment and wellbeing. You will be making your own set of three stars with the materials provided and have the opportunity to taste Danish glogg and brunkager (mulled wine and ginger biscuits). You will be provided with clear instructions and ideas of how to display your stars to welcome Christmas into your home.
[tabby title=”Learning Experience”]
What you will learn during the workshop;
- Experience how to julehygge with friends and family;
- Identify the materials and equipment required to complete your Danish Christmas Hygge Stars;
- Create 3 dimensional form by folding paper;
- Create a set of Danish Christmas Hygge Stars;
- Explore creative ways of displaying your Danish Christmas Hygee Stars;
- Discuss aftercare of your Danish Christmas Hygge Stars to ensure their longevity;
- Follow relevant Health and Safety procedures.
[tabby title=”What you will take home”]
At the end of this workshop, you will take home;
- A beautiful set of hand crafted Danish Christmas Hygge Stars to adorn your home. Including string and rings if required.
[tabby title=”Important Details”]
The Rural Skills Centre will provide;
- All materials required to make your Danish Christmas Hygge Stars;
- Glogg and brunkager or tea/coffee if you prefer,
- Accessible facilities.
This workshop is suitable for;
- This Danish Christmas Hygge Star workshop is suitable for complete beginners and will be of interest to those whishing to have the julehygge experience.