Cooking for One on a Budget
3 September @ 10:00 – 14:00
If you would like to learn how to cook balanced nutritional dishes for one on a budget, come and join Mary Howells and Janet Williams for this exciting workshop. You will learn how to shop economically, how to plan a balanced meal as well as basic kitchen skills. You will make meals such as Chicken and Pea Pie, Prawn Laska and Shepard’s Pie Potatoes. This fun packed workshop will also make a wonderful gift experience if you are looking to buy a present for someone special.
[tabby title=”Learning Experience”]
What you will learn during the workshop:
- Use safe kitchen practice (Health & Safety; Food Safety);
- Prepare and make a pasta dish;
- Prepare and make a pastry dish;
- Prepare and make a dish from jacket potatoes;
- Discuss the importance of eating a balanced nutritional diet;
- Discuss ways of shopping economically when cooking for one; and
- Discuss safe storage of cooked foods.
[tabby title=”What you will take home”]
At the end of this workshop, you will take home;
You will make three dishes. One you will eat for your lunch and the other two, you will take home with you.
[tabby title=”Important Details”]
The Rural Skills Centre will provide;
- All ingredients to make your dishes will be provided.
- All facilities are accessible.
- Tea/Coffee and homemade cake will be provided.
- You will make your own lunch which will be eaten in the Tack Room.
- There is plenty of parking at the centre.
This workshop is suitable for;
This ‘Cooking for One on a Budget’ workshop is suitable anyone with an interest learning how to cook nutritional dishes for one. It is suitable for beginners as well as those who are learning to live independently..